One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blondies


I was in the mood for a little bit of retro baking. When I was a little girl, we always had dessert after dinner. Mom would always make some kind of sweet. Because Dad wasn't keen on brownies, Mom would occasionally make blondies. And they are my preference over brownies, too. I haven't had them in many years, so I decided to make them today. They were as chewy and moist as I remembered. *sigh*

Blondies

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups (scant) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove pan from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add eggs, beating well after the addition of each one. Stir in vanilla.

Add dry ingredients; mix thoroughly. Spread in greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 25 minutes. Cut in bars while warm; remove from pan when almost cool.

Source: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook

6 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Love the hearts..! My blondies are from The Silver Palate I think..I'll have to check")

Anonymous said...

I've never tried making them before, even though hubby loves them. This looks like an easy recipe so I'll definitely try it.

Thanks!

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, it has been years since I made blondies. I usually go for chocolate. But your blondies look so good I will have to give them a try. They look like they will taste like butter tarts.

Kathy Walker said...

I have never tried Blondies and these look easy to make.and I love chewy brownies I think I will really like these!

Linda said...

I want one right now...with a big ice cold glass of milk...yummmmm...save me one!

Cathy said...

These blondies look so chewy and good. I remember my grandmother baking them. A very nice change from chocolate.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin